Make our Homemade Cheez-Its Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Cheez-Its will taste just like the Real Thing.
I remember when my son was little — Cheez-Its were his favorite treat.
Lately I have rediscovered them with all the wonderful new flavors they are coming out with. Have you tried Hot and Spicy or White Cheddar?
Well I don’t have all the flavors for you today, but I do have a recipe for the original Cheddar version. I think it would be pretty easy to riff on it ith other cheeses and flavors if you are adventurous. Please leave a comment below if you come up with any winners.
Homemade Cheez-Its Recipe
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 tablespoons Butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 5 tablespoon Water
- Combine the flour, butter, cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, and paprika in your food process and process until you have small crumbs.
- Add the water and continue to process until a ball of dough is formed.
- Form a circle of dough with your hands and wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate dough for 45 minutes, then place in the freezer for 15 minutes. (I believe you could also just refrigerate overnight and bake the crackers the next day.) You want the dough to be very cold.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/8″ thick. (I placed the dough on a floured surface and then covered it with the plastic wrap. Then I rolled the dough out with a rolling pin. This prevented the dough from sticking and I didn’t have to keep adding flour.)
- Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into 1/2″ squares. If desired, gently poke each square in the center with a round skewer to create the traditional Cheez-It look.
- Transfer squares to an ungreased glass pan and bake at 350 for 15- 20 minutes. (My squares were thicker than 1/8″ and took 23 minutes to bake.)
- When the crackers are golden and crispy, removed them from the oven.
- Allow the crackers to cool before eating them.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Cheez-its is in the Public Domain. Created by Evan-Amos, courtesy of Wikipedia. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Homemade Cheez-Its Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!