Make our Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce will taste just like Famous Dave’s.
Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce Recipe
- 1 loaf Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2/3 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 4 cups Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Extract
- 8 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Famous Dave’s Praline Sauce (Recipe Below)
- Coat bottom and side of a 2″ deep (very large) baking dish heavily with butter.
- Tear bread (including ends) into 1″ pieces.
- Mix with raisins and spread it evenly in the prepared dish; be sure to turn as much of the crusts side down as they tend to burn easily
- Whisk sugar, milk, whipping cream, vanilla, eggs and cinnamon until blended.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- (You can skip this step if you like) Place baking dish in a 4″ deep baking pan. Add water to reach halfway up side of the baking dish. Bake for 1 hour in 325 F oven.
- Remove from water bath and let stand until completely cold.
- Spoon into dessert bowls, warm in the microwave and drizzle with warm Famous Dave’s Praline Sauce (Recipe Below.)
- Top with whipped cream and add a scoop of ice cream.
Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking from Donald Link’s Louisiana
An untamed region teeming with snakes, alligators, and snapping turtles, with sausage and cracklins sold at every gas station, Cajun Country is a world unto itself. The heart of this area—the Acadiana region of Louisiana—is a tough land that funnels its spirit into the local cuisine. You can’t find more delicious, rustic, and satisfying country cooking than the dirty rice, spicy sausage, and fresh crawfish that this area is known for. It takes a homegrown guide to show us around the back roads of this particularly unique region, and in Real Cajun, James Beard Award–winning chef Donald Link shares his own rough-and-tumble stories of living, cooking, and eating in Cajun Country.
From the backyards where crawfish boils reign as the greatest of outdoor events to the white tablecloths of Link’s famed restaurants, Real Cajun takes you on a rollicking and inspiring tour of this wild part of America and shares the soulful recipes that capture its irrepressible spirit.
Famous Dave’s Praline Sauce Recipe
(This makes A LOT of sauce. You can cut it in half and it is plenty.)
- 2 cups unsalted Butter (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Pecans
- 3 pounds Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Heat 1 cup butter in large saucepan until melted.
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Cook until pecans begin to change color. (Mixture will foam over, so use a large saucepan.)
- Add remaining butter and mix well. This will cool the pecan mixture and stop the cooking process.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine brown sugar, whipping cream and cinnamon in a saucepan and mix well. (Do not beat after you add whipping cream, just mix.)
- Cook over low heat until blended, stirring constantly; increase heat–but be sure NOT to let it boil.
- Cook to 230 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in pecan mixture.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Remove from heat.
The Big-Flavor Grill: No-Marinade, No-Hassle Recipes for Delicious Steaks, Chicken, Ribs, Chops, Vegetables, Shrimp, and Fish
The best-selling team of chef Chris Schlesinger and Cook’s Illustrated executive editor John Willoughby present a radically simple method of applying flavor boosters to ingredients hot off the grill, maximizing flavor and dramatically reducing grilling time over traditional marinades.
The Big-Flavor Grill’s no-hassle formula means you’ll be turning out these delicious dishes in a snap:
- Five-Spice Steak Tips with Grilled Pineapple and Sweet-Sour Sauce
- Coriander-Crusted Pork Skewers with Maple-Mustard Barbecue Sauce
- Thai-Style Baby Back Ribs
- Chicken Breasts with Maple-Soy Glaze and Peanut-Ginger Relish
- Spicy Curry-Rubbed Lamb Kebabs with Grilled Peaches
- Cumin Seed–Crusted Shrimp with Charred Corn Vinaigrette
- Fish Steaks with Sriracha-Basil Butter
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Mimi’s Cafe Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce is by chapstickaddict – http://blatantlywastingtime.blogspot.com/ – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Recipe courtesy of Food.com. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!