Make our Denny’s French Toast Recipe at home for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your French Toast will taste just like Denny’s.
Denny’s French Toast Recipe
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 – 6 slices of thick Bread (Sourdough is especially good, though maybe not authentic 😉 )
- Powdered Sugar
- More Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Real Maple Syrup (Spurge, if you have to. The Real Stuff is totally worth it.)
- Beat the eggs until they are frothy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Place about a tablespoon of butter on a large skillet or griddle and heat to medium high on your stovetop.
- When the butter has melted (do not let it burn) start dipping your bread.
- Place a slice of bread into the batter and let soak for about 30 seconds, Turn it over and do the same for the other side.
- Carefully pick up the bread and let the excess batter drip off into the bowl.
- Place the battered bread onto the hot skillet or griddle.
- Cook for about 1 1/2-2 minutes or until the side is golden brown. Flip the bread and do the same for the other side.
- Remove from the pan to a plate.
- Repeat directions #5 – 9 for each remaining slice of bread. Add more butter between each slice, or even each side, if necessary.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Serve with more butter, whipped cream and real maple syrup.
Breakfast Recipes to Wake Up For
“These days, George Weld and Evan Hanczor, the farmer/restaurateur and chef behind Willamsburg’s Egg eatery, are serving up more than just scrumptious concoctions like Eggs Rothko or Grafton cheddar omelets with broiled tomatoes. Authors of the newly released Breakfast, they are now offering menus and ideas. The book, they say, ‘is our best argument for waking up and making something delicious for breakfast.’ And what better way to start the day than at Egg, or with one?” – Vogue
George Weld draws on his passion and Southern roots to create the fresh, satisfying dishes his Williamsburg restaurant, Egg, has been serving for ten years.
This book will make breakfast the meal you dream about at night, and the most anticipated part of your morning.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- IHOP Cheesecake Pancakes
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of French Toast is by Cabin 12 Restaurant and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Denny’s French Toast Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!