Make our Red Robin Chili Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Chili will taste just like Red Robin’s.
Red Robin Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 canned Chipotle Peppers, chopped, with a tablespoon of sauce from can
- 1 Anaheim Chile Pepper, diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 ounces Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 15-ounce cans Black Beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Mexican Oregano Powder
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded, to garnish
- Sour Cream, to garnish
- Lime Wedges, to garnish
- Tortilla Strips, to garnish
- Red Onion, diced, to garnish
- Brown beef until almost done.
- Add in chipotle peppers and sauce, Anaheim pepper, garlic and onion and sauté until onions are transparent.
- In a second pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour for 2 1/2 minutes or until roux begins to turn tan in color.
- To the roux, add beef mixture, chili powder, beans, tomatoes, oregano, chicken broth and water. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase heat to high and bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours – depending on how thick you like your chili – stirring every 20 minutes or so.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Serve chili topped with cheese, a spoonful of sour cream, a pinch of red onion and tortilla strips.
Or better yet, place the garnishes on the table and let everyone choose their own garnishes.
Squeeze lime wedge over top if you like.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Chi-Chi’s Chili Con Queso
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Chili is by jennifer yin – http://www.thebittermelon.org/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Red Robin Chili Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!