Make our IHOP Banana Bread French Toast Recipe at home. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Banana Bread French Toast will taste just like IHOP’s.
Photo by Aaron Conaway
IHOP Banana Bread French Toast
An IHOP Copycat Recipe
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Try these Recipes with Your IHOP Banana Bread French Toast Recipe
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Starbucks Frappuccino and Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Recipes
- Burger King Breakfast Sandwiches Recipes
- Dairy Queen Orange Julius Recipe
- Z’Tejas Breakfast Quesadillas Recipe
- Homemade Pop Tarts Recipe
IHOP Banana Bread French Toast Recipe
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Half-and-Half
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 thick slices Banana Bread store bought or homemade
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter divided
- 2 medium ripe Bananas cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Walnuts chopped, to top
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Syrup of choice, to serve, if desired
- Whipped Cream to top, optional
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Add eggs, half and half and vanilla to a small bowl. Whisk until well-blended.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish. Whisk in 2 tablespoons brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg (if using) and salt.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip a slice of banana bread in the egg mixture. Turn to coat both sides.
- Place bread in the hot pan. Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from pan to a cooking sheet. Place in preheated oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- When all slices are cooked, wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- When butter has melted and is hot, add remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir until smooth.
- Add banana slices. Toss until glazed, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Cut french toast slices in 1/2 diagonally. Place 2 or 4 pieces on a plate.
- Drizzle with prepared banana caramel sauce, making sure to include a few banana slices.
- Dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Serve as is or with a syrup of choice.
Be Sure to Try These Other Delicious Breakfast Recipes from Your Favorite Restaurants and Our Readers and Friends
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- IHOP Cheesecake Pancakes Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- Corner Bakery Cafe Baked French Toast Recipe
- Corner Bakery Cafe Anaheim Breakfast Panini Recipe
- Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts Recipe
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Secret Recipe
- Denny’s French Toast Recipe
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffins Recipe
- Bob Evans Biscuit Recipe
Photo of “Banana Bread French Toast” is by Aaron Conaway and is used by permission under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/legalcode. Thank you, Aaron. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!