Make our Hostess Cupcake Recipe at home tonight for your family or for your next kid’s party. With our Secret Recipe your Chocolate Cupcakes will taste just like the ones we all love from Hostess.
Photo by elanaspantry.com
Homemade Hostess Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 ounces Unsweetened Chocolate chopped roughly
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Exrtact
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Marshmallow Creme
- 6 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons Vanilla
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Place paper liners in muffin tin for about 20 cupcakes.
Prepare the Cupcakes
- Bring the sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Pour into a large bowl; add the chocolate and butter and let sit, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture has cooled slightly. Stir in the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Using a mixer, beat the eggs into the chocolate, then mix in the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans (about 1/4 cup batter per cupcake) and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in the pans for about 25 minutes, then transfer cupcakes to a rack to cool completely.
- (They will sink in the middle...they'll puff up when filled later)
Prepare the Filling
- Using a mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Beat in 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar. Add the vanilla and 1 tablespoon heavy cream; beat until smooth. Beat in the remaining 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons heavy cream in batches, alternating after each addition. Beat in the marshmallow creme; set aside or refrigerate.
Prepare the Ganache
- Place the chocolate in a stainless-steel bowl. Heat the cream and 1 tablespoon butter until just boiling, then pour over the chocolate; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla; let stand until cool but still glossy and liquid.
- Spoon the filling into a pastry bag with a medium star tip. Insert the tip into the center of each cupcake top; fill until the cupcake is heavier (do not overfill). (It's OK if some of the filling peeks out, it will be covered by the ganache.)
- Spoon a little ganache on each cupcake and lightly spread with an offset spatula or a knife. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
Prepare the Icing
- Using a mixer, beat the remaining 1 stick butter, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, the milk and confectioners’ sugar until smooth, adding more milk if needed. Spoon into a pastry bag with a small tip (I used a #2 plain tip); pipe onto the cupcakes to decorate.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Hostess Twinkies
- Hostess Cupcake
- Snickers Candy Bar
- Baby Ruth Candy Bar
- Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake
- Snickers Cupcakes
- Almond Joy Candy Bar Recipe
- Butterfinger Candy Bars Recipe
- Starbuck’s Love Bean Frappuccino Recipe
- Cracker Jack Home Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake Recipe
- Girl Scouts Samoa Cookies Recipe
- Twix Bars Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo provided courtesy of elanaspantry.com – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Recipe adapted from Food Network magazine and modified a bit. Thank you, Elana. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Email Buttons below to SHARE our Hostess Cupcakes Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!