Make our Twix Bars Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Supermarket Recipe your Twix Bars will taste just like the Real Thing.
Twix Bars Recipe
- 2 cups Butter, softened
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Bag of Kraft Caramels (about 36 individual caramels)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the caramels and water in a small pan and melt, stirring, over low heat.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Put through cookie press. Place on a cookie sheet and cut into “Twix-sized” bars.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Spread a layer of caramel onto each cookie.
- Place in refrigerator cookies until the caramel is firm.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double broiler or in the microwave.
- Dip the caramel-covered shortbread cookies in the chocolate.
- Place the dipped cookies on a plate covered with wax paper and cool to room temperature.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Homemade Twix Bars is by Emily Carlin – http://backtothecuttingboard.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Homemade Twix Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!