Make our Bob Evans Colonial Dressing Restaurant Recipe at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe for their Colonial Salad Dressing tastes just like Bob Evans’.
Bob Evan’s Colonial Dressing Restaurant Recipe
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/8 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar, light or dark
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter or margarine
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Celery salt
- 1 Tablespoon Celery seed
1. Put water and cornstarch into blender on high speed for 1 minute or until smooth.
2. Transfer to a 2 1/2 qt. saucepan.
3. Cook mixture over Medium High heat, stirring constantly as you begin to add each of the remaining ingredients, stirring well after each addition.
4. Cook and continue stirring until it begins to thicken and become quite smooth.
5. Let it cool completely before pouring into a refrigerator container.
6. Cap tightly and it should keep for a week or so in the refrigerator. Do not freeze.
One Dressing – 4 Dishes
To Make Creamy Italian Colonial: After preparing the previous recipe (let cool first), add 1 tablespoon prepared mustard, 1 tablespoon light corn syrup, 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Stir to combine well.
To Make Catalina Colonial: To prepared recipe, add 1 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish.
To Make Creamy Onion Dressing: To prepared recipe, stir in 1 carton (8 ounces) onion chip dip.
To Make Slaw Dressing: To prepared recipe, stir in 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Use within 1 week.
Well Dressed: Salad Dressings
Well Dressed includes 75 recipes for sweet vinaigrettes, tangy creamy dressings, and rich warm dressings that dress up a green salad, pasta salad, and vegetables, or even marinate meat. Asian Ginger Lime; Warm Mushroom, Bacon, and Molasses; Provencal Caper and Green Olive; and Mango, Sweet Onion, and Fresh Thyme are just a few of the exceptional flavor combinations you will experience.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Bob Evans Sign is by Musical Photo Man – Simon and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Bob Evans Colonial Dressing Restaurant Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!