Make our Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Soft Pretzels will taste just like Auntie Anne’s.
Auntie Anne’s, based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, is an American chain of pretzel bakeries founded by Anne F. Beiler and her husband, Jonas, in 1988. Auntie Anne’s serves products such as soft pretzels, dips and beverages.
Auntie Anne’s has more than 300 franchisees with more than 1,200 locations in the United States and more than 23 countries globally. In the US they are most frequently seen in mall food courts or stand-alone kiosks.
Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup warm Water
- 1 1/8 teaspoon active Dry Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 3 cups regular Flour
- 2 cups warm Water
- 2 tablespoons Baking Soda
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter (melted)
- Coarse salt
- Melted Cheese
- Any other toppings you can imagine
- Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl and stir to dissolve.
- Add brown sugar and salt. Stir to dissolve.
- Add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic.
- Let rise at least 1/2 hour.
- While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 Tablespoons baking soda. Be certain to stir well.
- After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope. (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape.
- Dip shaped pretzel in soda solution and place on greased baking sheet.
- Allow pretzels to rise again.
- Bake in 450 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Brush with melted butter and enjoy!
Toppings: After you brush with butter try sprinkling with coarse salt. Or for Auntie Anne’s famous Cinnamon Sugar, try melting a stick of butter in a shallow bowl (big enough to fit the entire pretzel) and in another shallow bowl make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Dip the pretzel into the butter, coating both sides generously. Then dip again into the cinnamon mixture.
*Sweet butter, not regular butter, is one of her secrets!
These are great dipped in Mustard or Honey Mustard.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Homemade Soft Pretzels is by Sarah Cady and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Auntie Anne information courtesy of Wikipedia. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!