Make our Bennigans Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Hot Bacon Dressing will taste just like Bennigans.
Bennigans Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe
I’ve never been to Bennigans. Not even sure if we have any in Louisville. But when a reader sent me this dressing, I had to try it. I can’t tell you if it tastes like the original — but I can tell you it’s reeeeeal good!
- 2 ounces Bacon Grease
- 1/4 pound Red Onion, diced very fine
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco (optional)
- Place the bacon grease in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and saute until the onions start to blacken.
- While the onions are caramelizing, in a mixing bowl place the water, honey, pepper sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Using a wire whisk, mix the ingredients well.
- Add the cornstarch and whisk well.
- After the onions have caramelized, add the Dijon mustard to the onions and stir together with a rubber spatula.
- Add the water, vinegar, pepper sauce, honey and cornstarch to the mustard and onions and mix.
- Continue stirring until mix thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and store in refrigerator until needed.
- To reheat use a double boiler or microwave on low.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Bacon is by Renee Comet and is in the Public Domain – This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States Federal Government under the terms of Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 105 of the US Code. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Bennigans Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!