Make our Applebee’s Apple Chimi Cheesecake at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Apple Chimi Cheesecake will taste just like Applebee’s.
This is a sort of apple pie, cheesecake, tortilla combination from Applebee’s past.
I’m not sure Applebee’s still offers this dessert in all parts of the country. But it is delicious and many people who have tried it in the past have fond memories. So I thought I would include it for them. If you haven’t had the opportunity to try it — now is your chance, too.
I might make this soon for my parents. They love apple pie. And cheesecake. 🙂
Applebee’s Apple Chimi Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 (9-inch) Flour Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped, peeled Apple
- Oil for frying
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Caramel topping (optional)
- Let tortillas stand at room temperature while making filling.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Using a fork, mash cream cheese with vanilla extract, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in apple. Spoon filling down centers of tortillas, leaving 1 1/2 inches at
top and bottom.
- To enclose filling, fold top and bottom onto cream cheese; roll up.
- Heat oil over medium heat in skillet about 1/2 inch deep.
- Fry tortillas on both sides until golden.
- Turn out onto paper towel and immediately into cinnamon sugar.
Serve plain or with ice cream and topping.
Smoke and Pickles: Recipes and Stories from a New Southern Kitchen
Raised in Brooklyn by a family of Korean immigrants, he eventually settled down in his adopted hometown of Louisville, Kentucky, where he owns the acclaimed restaurant 610 Magnolia.
A multiple James Beard Award nominee for his unique patchwork cuisine, Edward creates recipes–filled with pickling, fermenting, frying, curing, and smoking–that reflect the overlapping flavors and techniques that led this Korean-American boy to feel right at home in the South.
Dishes like Chicken-Fried Pork Steak with Ramen Crust and Buttermilk Pepper Gravy; Collards and Kimchi; Braised Beef Kalbi with Soft Grits and Scallions; and Miso-Smothered Chicken all share a place on his table.
Born with the storytelling gene of a true Southerner, Lee fills his debut cookbook with tales of the restaurant world, New York City, Kentucky, and his time competing on Top Chef, plus more than 130 exceptional recipes for food with Korean roots and Southern soul.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Applebee’s Apple Chimi Cheesecake is by Tricia J. and was featured on Yelp.com. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Applebee’s Apple Chimi Cheesecake with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!