Make our Planet Hollywood’s Cap’n Crunch Chicken Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe you’ll think you’re at Planet Hollywood.
Photo by Mark
Planet Hollywood is the theme restaurant chain inspired by the popular portrayal of Hollywood, launched in New York on October 22, 1991, with the backing of Hollywood stars Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Demi Moore and in the past, Arnold Schwarzenegger who has since sold his part.
It was a brainchild of Robert Earl, former president of Hard Rock Cafe. Planet Hollywood restaurants were modeled after the Hard Rock formula, so closely in fact that a lawsuit ensued and awarded the Hard Rock millions in damages. Earl recruited many former Hard Rock veterans to open new PH stores. Movie star “owners” received stock options at rock bottom price in exchange for their endorsement, thus they could be billed as legal owners.
Planet Hollywood Cap’n Crunch Chicken
Photo by Mark
Planet Hollywood Cap'n Crunch Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups Cap'n Crunch Cereal
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Corn Flakes
- 1 cups Milk
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated Garlic
- 3 tablespoons granulated Onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 25 - 30 Chicken Tenders
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Creole Mustard Sauce Recipe Below
- In food processor, grind cereals until crumbly but some 1/8-inch chunks are still visible.
- Spread in a shallow pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, onion, garlic and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and milk.
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour. Dip in egg mixture, coating evenly. Dredge in cereal mixture, coating well.
- Arrange on wax paper.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 325 degrees.
- Deep fry chicken in batches for 3 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain.
- Makes 4 servings.
Creole Mustard Sauce for Planet Hollywood’s Cap’n Crunch Chicken
At Planet Hollywood the Cap’n Crunch Chicken is served with a spicy Creole Mustard Sauce.
Creole Mustard Sauce for Planet Hollywood's Cap'n Crunch Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup sliced Green Onions
- 2 tablespoons Horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 2 tablespoons chopped Celery
- 2 tablespoons cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped Green Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise We always prefer Duke's Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 cup Hot Mustard
- Salt and Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Serve on the side with chicken. Makes about 2 cups.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- T.G.I. Fridays Fried Mozzarella Sticks
- Checkers / Rally’s Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Popeyes Extra-Crispy Spicy Fried Chicken Recipe
- Applebee’s Grilled Chicken Wonton Tacos Recipe
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill Champagne Chicken
- TGI Friday’s Sizzling Chicken and Cheese Recipe
- Marco Pierre White’s Chicken Chasseur
- Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Burger King Chicken Fries Recipe
- Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ruby Tuesday Chicken Quesadillas Restaurant Recipe
- Cafe Rio Chicken Recipe
- Applebee’s Santa Fe Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photos of Cap’n Crunch Box and Chicken are by Mark. Information for this entry gathered from Wikipedia — http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Hollywood. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Planet Hollywood Cap’n Crunch Chicken Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!