Make our Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Fiesta Lime Chicken will taste just like the dish you love at Applebee’s.
Photo by Elsie Hui
Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Chicken
Here is how Applebee’s describes their Fiesta Lime Chicken –
A celebration of flavor, this dish delivers on every level. Grilled chicken glazed with zesty lime sauce and drizzled with tangy Mexi-ranch is smothered with a rich blend of Cheddar cheeses on a bed of crispy tortilla strips.
Serve with Spanish rice and house-made pico de gallo like they do at Applebee’s.
Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- Freshly squeezed Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 3 clove Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Tequila
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 pound boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (We always use Duke's Mayonnaise - a Southern Favorite)
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Chunky Salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Blackened Spice Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Hot Sauce, of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried Dill Weed
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded Colby or Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 cups Tortilla Strips
To Prepare 2 or More Hours in Advance
- In a medium bowl, combine water, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, garlic, tequila liquid smoke, salt and ginger. Whisk to mix well.
- Place chicken in bowl.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinade for at least 2 hours.
- In another medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, milk, Cajun blackened spice mix, parsley, hot sauce, dill weed and cumin. Whisk to mix well.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator, until ready to serve.
- Remove breasts from the marinade. Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 3 - 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and the internal temperature is 165°F or more (Or cook in a different way, of your choice. Just be sure the chicken is done.) Discard marinade.
- Place chicken on an oven-safe baking dish.
- Generously brush chicken with reserved mayonnaise dressing.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in oven and broil until cheese has melted. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- Place tortilla strips on serving plates.
- Rest chicken on top of strips.
- Serve with Spanish rice and house-made pico de gallo like they do at Applebee's. And put out the remaining mayo dressing for dipping, if you like. It's your house.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Salsas and Tacos: Santa Fe School of Cooking
Hot and Smoky Shrimp Tacos, Roasted Wild Mushroom Tacos with Queso Fresco, Fire-Roasted Corn and Poblano Chile Tacos-these are a few of the most taste-tempting tacos you’ll ever put in your mouth. And what to top them with-of course, it must be the perfect salsa!
This book combines mouth-wateringly unique taco recipes with tried-and-true salsa recipes that add an extra kick to any dish, from the definitive experts of Southwestern cuisine at the Santa Fe School of Cooking.
- “Hold onto Your Hat” Habanero Salsa
- Chicken al Carbon and Avocado Wrap
- Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- Apple Pie Tacos
- Grapefruit-Orange Salsa
- Baja-Style Fish Tacos with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Roasted Pepper Relish with Raisins and Pinon Nuts
- Tomatillo-Papaya Salsa
Plus recipes for fresh tortillas, authentic Mexican sauces, techniques for roasting and toasting, info on chiles, and much more!
With inventive flavor combinations, full-color photographs, and resources for ingredients, this hot little book offers endless ideas for tacos and their perfect toppings.
Photo of Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Chicken is by Elsie Hui and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Elsie. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe adapted from a reader-submitted recipe on Genius Kitchen Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!