Make our Olive Garden Bread Sticks Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Bread Sticks will taste just like Olive Garden’s.
Olive Garden Bread Sticks Recipe
For the Dough:
- 1 package Active Dry Yeast
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose Flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon fine Salt
- For the Topping
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Pinch of dried Oregano
- Make the Dough: Place 1/4 cup warm water in the bowl of a mixer; sprinkle in the yeast and set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, butter, sugar, fine salt and 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons warm water; mix with the paddle attachment until a slightly sticky dough forms, 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough by hand on a floured surface until very smooth and soft, 3 minutes.
- Roll into a 2-foot-long log; cut into 16 1 1/2-inch-long pieces. Knead each piece slightly and shape into a 7-inch-long breadstick
- Arrange sticks 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with a cloth; let rise in a warm spot until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the Topping: Brush the breadsticks with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt with the garlic powder and oregano. Brush the warm breadsticks with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with the flavored salt.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Olive Garden Bread Sticks is by boxer_bob and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Olive Garden Bread Sticks Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!