Make our KFC Gravy Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Gravy will taste just like KFC’s.
The gravy at KFC used to be made fresh with the chicken cracklings. Now it comes in a pouch and all they have to do is add water.
But we can now make it fresh at home with our recipe.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Shortening, melted
- 3 tablespoons of Original Breading Flour (This is the flour that you use to bread KFC Original Recipe Chicken with – CLICK HERE and use the 6 dry ingredients to make this.)
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 can Campbell’s Condensed Chicken Stock
- 1 can Water
- First we are going to make a roux with the melted shortening and 1 1/2 tablespoon of breading flour.
- Cook this over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the roux browns in color to resemble a nice milk chocolate color.
- Once the mixture turns brown remove it from the heat and add the remaining flour and slowly add the liquid(s) to incorporate it so no lumps.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 2 minutes reduce the heat and allow the mixture to thicken which would take about 3 to 5 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- KFC Mac and Cheese
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Gravy and Mashed Potatoes is by Chotda – http://scentofgreenbananas.blogspot.com/ – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our KFC Gravy Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!