Make our KFC Original Recipe Chicken at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe tastes just like KFC’s.
Photo by lesleyk
KFC Original Recipe Chicken
Colonel Harland David Sanders, the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken and originator of the famous chicken recipe, claimed that there were 11 secret herbs and spices in his breading. To this day the coating is packaged and shipped ready to use to the restaurants. Rumor has it that it is packaged in 3 different locations so that no single person can know the whole recipe. Supposedly the recipe is locked in a vault at KFC headquarters (YUM! Brands) in Louisville, KY.
Well…Maybe. Maybe not.
I can’t vouch for the vault, that’s probably true. But many former workers, usually anonymously, refute the claim that the Original Recipe coating is packaged in three different places.
KFC Original Recipe Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole Chicken cut into 8 pieces -- or 8 - 12 of Your Favorite Chicken Pieces
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 envelope of Powdered Tomato Soup Mix
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried Parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 4 teaspoons freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Celery Salt
- Oil for frying, enough to cover the bottom of a skillet
- More Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add 2/3 cup milk and whisk to blend. Set aside
- In a second large bowl, combine the flour, tomato soup mix, bicarbonate of soda, garlic salt, onion powder, sugar, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, basil thyme and celery salt. Mix well.
- Take a piece of chicken and dip it into the egg/milk mixture.
- Then place it in the flour mixture move it around until it is well-coated with flour. Set this piece aside and repeat this process for the remaining chicken pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet until it shimmers but doesn't smoke, about 350°F.
- Using tongs, carefully place the chicken pieces skin-side down into the skillet and fry them over medium heat.
- Fry for about 25 to 30 minutes, turning and flipping occasionally.
- Remove the pieces from the skillet and drain the grease onto paper towel-covered plates.
KFC’s Cole Slaw Recipe
Our Secret Restaurant Recipe for their Cole Slaw tastes just like KFC’s.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
A Bird in the Hand
Chicken is one of the most popular foods we love to cook and eat: comforting, quick, celebratory and casual.
Plundering the globe, there is no shortage of brilliant ways to cook it, whether you need a quick supper on the table after work, something for a lazy summer barbecue or a feast to nourish family and friends. From quick Vietnamese lemon grass and chilli chicken thighs and a smoky chicken salad with roast peppers and almonds, through to a complete feast with pomegranate, barley and feta stuffed roast chicken with Georgian aubergines, there is no eating or entertaining occasion that isn’t covered in this book.
In A Bird in the Hand, Diana Henry offers a host of new, easy and not-so-very-well-known dishes, starring the bird we all love.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- KFC Cole Slaw
- KFC Gravy
- KFC Honey Barbecued Wings
- KFC Macaroni Salad
- Sheet Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- KFC Mac and Cheese
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Recipe courtesy of WikiHow.com and used by permission under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) License. Photo of KFC Original Recipe Chicken is by lesleyk and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Lesley. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our KFC Original Recipe Chicken Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!