Make our Applebee’s Spinach Pizza Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Spinach Pizza will taste just like Applebee’s.
Applebee’s Spinach Pizza Recipe
- 2 whole Pita Breads
- 1 10 ounce package frozen Spinach
- 1/3 cup nutritional Yeast
- 1 medium Onion
- 5 or 6 Plum Tomatoes
- 1 8 ounces package fresh Mushrooms
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup Rice Milk – Use more if needed
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- Thaw spinach completely, press out all water.
- Heat rice milk in saucepan. When hot, but not boiling, stir in flour. Stir until sauce begins to thicken. Turn heat down.
- Add nutritional yeast and spinach.
- Stir constantly until thick and gooey, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- In separate pan, saute onion, garlic, until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, and spices.
- Saute until just done.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a very sharp bread knife, split each pita bread so that you have two round flat pieces instead of one thick one. Place each piece of bread on a cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread spinach sauce over each.
- Top with tomato mixture, being careful to avoid the juice.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Watch closely so that the edges of the pita don’t burn.
Makes a nice crunchy crust.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Chicago-Style Italian Sausage And Pepper Deep Dish Pizza
- Cheddars Santa Fe Spinach Dip
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Spinach Pizza is by Mr. Ducke and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Applebee’s Spinach Pizza Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!