Take your home grilling up several notches with the Longhorn Steakhouse chef-created recipe for Longhorn Steakhouse 7-Pepper Crusted Striploin.
Photo by cyclonebill
Longhorn Steakhouse 7-Pepper Crusted Striploin
For a while Longhorn Steakhouse has offered up grilling tips for the home Weekend Griller on their Expert Griller by Longhorn Steakhouse website. While these exact recipes are not available in the restaurant – they are created by the Longhorn Steakhouse chefs and inspired by what is on their menu.
Longhorn Steakhouse 7-Pepper Crusted Striploin is one of these recipes from 2017
Longhorn Steakhouse 7-Pepper Crusted Striploin Recipe
- One 10 - 12 pound Striploin Steak
- 2 cups 7-Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 2 sticks Salted Butter
- Freshly squeezed Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
- Prepare your grill for a medium-low heat fire - about 250 - 325°F.
- Clean an oil the grate.
- When fire is ready, place the steak on a platter or cutting board.
- Generously sprinkle 7-pepper seasoning over entire steak. Use your hand to press the pepper into the steak. Turn steak over and repeat on other side.
- Carefully place the seasoned steak on the grill.
- Cook for 2 hours, maintaining the medium-low heat of 250 - 325°F. Using tongs, flip the steak every 15 - 20 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- While steak is cooking, place a small pot on your grill burner (or the stovetop) over medium heat.
- Add butter and cook until it turns a golden brown.
- Remove pot from heat and immediately add lemon juice and parsley. Stir.
7-Pepper Crusted Striploin
- After 2 hours check steak for doneness (Click HERE for our Degrees of Doneness Chart).
- Remove steak or continue to cook to your desired doneness.
- When done to your liking, remove steak to a serving platter.
- Allow steak to "rest" for 5 minutes (This allows the juices to flow back from the center of the steak, where they were forced by the heat of the fire, to the surfaces. This lets more of the meat hold more of the juice and you don't lose as much when you cut it, so the steak will be much more juicy. You should ALWAYS do this with cooked, and especially grilled, steaks.)
- Now, slice into steaks of desired thickness and top with melted brown butter.
Follow Us to Get ALL of Our Latest Recipes
Steak Degrees of Doneness
- Rare: 95 – 105°F. Cool deep red center.
- Medium Rare: 115 – 125°F. Warm red center with a hint of pink.
- Medium: 130 – 140°F. Warm pink center.
- Medium Well: 150 – 160°F. Some pink in the center but mostly cooked through.
- Well: 165 – 175°F. No pink, cooked all the way through.
Courtesy of Longhorn Steakhouse
Get All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes as Soon as We Publish Them
Just Follow Us on on Your Favorite Social Media Sites and Never Miss a New Recipe.
Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay How to Cook a Steak Recipe
- Longhorn Steakhouse Wild West Shrimp with Prairie Dust Recipe
- Longhorn Steakhouse Firecracker Chicken Wraps Recipe
- The Capital Grille Porcini Rubbed Delmonico Steak with Aged Balsamic Recipe
- Chili’s Honey-Chipotle Sauce
- Vidalia Onion BBQ Sauce
- Bobby Flay’s FoodNation Vidalia Onion Dip Recipe
- The Original Brown Derby Cobb Salad Recipe
- Olive Garden Bread Sticks Recipe
- Houston’s Spinach and Artichoke Dip Restaurant Recipe
- Applebee’s Bourbon Street Steak Recipe
- Olive Garden Salad and Dressing Recipe
- A1 Steak Sauce Recipe
- …More Delicious Recipes Coming Soon
Photo of Striploin is by cyclonebill and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Bill. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Longhorn Steakhouse 7-Pepper Crusted Striploin Recipe adapted from the Expert Griller by Longhorn Steakhouse Website circa 2017, “Legendary Summer Recipes”. Recipes on the Expert Griller site update frequently and this recipe may no longer be on the site. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!