Make our Capital Grille Porcini Rubbed Delmonico Steak with Aged Balsamic Recipe at home tonight. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your steak will taste just like it came from a high-end steakhouse.
Photo by Simon Doggett
The Capital Grille
The Capital Grille is an American restaurant chain of upscale steakhouses owned by Darden Restaurants. The brand has 59 locations in twenty states and the District of Columbia (Updated – as of 2019).
From time to time restaurants are kind enough to share recipes with their fans so that they can enjoy their favorite dishes at home. Alton has spent hours tracking down these recipes. We are proud that we can help the restaurants share these recipes with our fans.
The Capital Grille Porcini Rubbed Delmonico Steak with Aged Balsamic Recipe from is a Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe.
The Capital Grille Porcini Rubbed Delmonico Steak with Aged Balsamic Recipe
- 2 Ribeye, Porterhouse or T-Bone Steaks
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons The Capital Grille Porcini Rub (Recipe follows below ad for Morton's Steak Bible)
- 2 teaspoons 8 year Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 ounce Watercress to garnish
- Coat the Delmonico steak with olive oil and the porcini rub and allow to rest for five minutes.
- Grill the steak on the hottest part of the grill to your desired doneness. (Optional - Sear the steak in the broiler evenly on each side (approximately four minutes per side for medium rare))
- Place the Delmonico steak, bone at the 1 o’clock position, in the center of a large round plate
- Dot the aged vinegar and extra virgin olive oil around the plate.
- Garnish with watercress and serve immediately.
Morton’s Steak Bible Recipes and Lore from the Legendary Steakhouse
A cofounder of the legendary Morton Steakhouse shares the secrets of preparing a terrific and tasty steak–from how to select the right cuts of meat to broiling and grilling techniques–and offers a full range of delectable recipes for cocktails, finger foods
Drawing from the spirit of the menus at Morton’s original Chicago location and their eighty other restaurants around the country and the world, Morton’s The Cookbook includes familiar and delicious American steakhouse fare accentuated by the flavors picked up as the restaurant has grown to span the globe.
The expert on steak, Morton’s shares its wealth of information on how to cook your steak to perfection in enticing recipes such as New York Strip Roast with Three Peppercorn Sauce and Bone-in Ribeye with Rancher’s Rub. Complete your meal at home with recipes for delicious appetizers and classic steakhouse sides, such as Five-Onion Soup, Maine Lobster and Avocado Salad, and Blue-Cheese French Fries. Tempting desserts round out this bold collection of delectable recipes.
Beautifully illustrated throughout with full-color photographs and featuring 100 tantalizing recipes, Morton’s The Cookbook brings Morton’s exceptional fare to your home every day.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay How to Cook a Steak
- Applebee’s Bourbon Street Steak
- …More Delicious Recipes Coming Soon
Photo of Split Porterhouse is by Simon Doggett and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Simon. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Brandon Engel from the Capital Grille. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!