Make our Homemade Nutella Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Recipe your Nutella will taste just like the real thing.
Photo by Frédéric Bisson
Homemade Nutella Recipe
- 2 cups about 8 ounces, Hazelnuts
- 1 cup powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons Hazelnut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread the hazelnuts out on a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until dark brown and fragrant, 12 to 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking. Keep a close eye on them, as they can go from perfect roasted to burnt in a short amount of time.
- Transfer the hazelnuts to a medium-sized bowl.
- Once the hazelnuts are cool enough to handle, place a second bowl upside-down on top of the bowl with the hazelnuts.
- Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds to remove the skins of the hazelnuts. It may take a few times to get all of the skins off; each time, remove the hazelnuts that have lost their skin to the bowl of a food processor, then continue shaking.
- Process the hazelnuts in a food processor until their oil is released and they form a smooth, loose paste, 2 to 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl often.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut oil, vanilla extract and salt and process until fully incorporated, scraping the bowl as needed, about 2 minutes. The mixture will loosen and become glossy.
- Transfer the spread to a jar with a tight-fitting lid or an airtight container. You can store it in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory New York Cheesecake Recipe
- Applebee’s Apple Chimi Cheesecake Recipe
- Snickers Candy Bar
- Cheesecake Factory White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake Recipe
- Girl Scouts Samoa Cookies Recipe
- Watergate Hotel Mom’s Apple Crisp Recipe
- Snickers Cupcakes
- Bennigan’s Strawberry Cheesecake
- Cracker Jack Home Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls Recipe
- Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake Recipe
- IHOP Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- Waffle House Hash Browns Restaurant Recipe
- Snickers Cheesecake Recipe
- Starbuck’s Love Bean Frappuccino Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Nutella is by Frédéric Bisson and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Thank you, Frédéric. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Homemade Nutella Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!