Make our Texas Roadhouse Fried Catfish Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Fried Catfish will taste just like Texas Roadhouse’s.
The recipe served at the restaurant chain offers diners a mouth-pleasing crunchy external coating paired with a delicate and moist internal fish.
Texas Roadhouse Fried Catfish is traditionally served with a Creole Mustard Sauce and a selection of two sides.
You might consider our coleslaw for one of the sides. Here are a couple of popular recipes you may want to make (click either one to see the recipe):
And here in Kentucky, we like tartar sauce with our catfish. The sweet tartar sauce they serve at Red Lobster is particularly good with catfish (click either link below to see the recipe):
And some hush puppies or cornbread to round out the meal.
If starting with fresh catfish, the process takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Texas Roadhouse Fried Catfish Recipe
- 8 Catfish Filet shanks
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 5 1/2 cups Cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- Soybean or Peanut Oil for frying
- Thaw catfish fillets in the refrigerator. Skip this step if the catfish is fresh.
- Pour oil into a dutch oven or fryer. The oil should be two inches deep. Bring to a boil. It should be approximately 325 degrees.
- Combine pepper, salt and cornmeal in a bowl large enough for dredging catfish fillets.
- Pour buttermilk in a separate bowl.
- Dip catfish into buttermilk, making certain each side is covered.
- Press catfish into seasoned cornmeal mixture, then flip and coat the second side.
- Place catfish on a plate.
- Repeat dredging process with the remaining catfish fillets.
- Lower a breaded catfish fillet into hot oil with tongs.
- Cook each fillet for about 8 minutes, or until the catfish floats to the top and features a golden hue.
As with most fried dishes, it is best to prepare only the amount needed for one meal as fried catfish does not reheat well.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Long John Silver’s Hush Puppies
- Applebee’s Onion Peels
- T.G.I. Fridays Green Bean Fries
- Famous Dave’s Baked ‘Wilbur’ Beans
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Fried Catfish is by R D Peyton – http://appetites.us/ – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.
Recipe courtesy of Texas Roadhouse
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Texas Roadhouse Fried Catfish Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!