Make our Trader Vic’s Fried Pickles Recipe at home. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Fried Pickles will taste just like Trader Vic’s.
Photo by Steven Miller
Trader Vic’s Fried Pickles
A Trader Vic’s Copycat Recipe
Trader Vic's Fried Pickles Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 2 whole Dill Pickles cut into thin circles
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Place eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Beat well with a whisk to create an egg wash.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- Place panko into another shallow bowl.
- Dredge a pickle slice in flour. Move to egg wash and coat well. Allow excess to drip off, and press both sides into panko crumbs, making sure they are well-coated.
- Place on a plate and repeat with remaining slices until all are breaded. (Naturally, you can do more than one at a time, if you like.)
- Give a large nonstick pan a light coating of oil.
- Place pan over medium heat and fry pickle slices, a few at a time, in a single layer, until they are golden brown on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes each side.
- Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel-covered plate.
- Continue until all pickles are fried.
- Serve hot with a selection of dipping sauces.
Dipping Sauce Recipes
Make one or more of our delicious Dipping Sauce Restaurant Copycat Recipes to dip your Trader Vic’s Fried Pickles.
Photo of “Trader Vic’s Sign” is by Steven Miller and is used by permission under the Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode. Thank you, Steven Miller. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!