Make our Rock Bottom Brewery Beer Battered Salmon Recipe at home. Add some fries and cole slaw and you have a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
Rock Bottom Brewery Beer Battered Salmon
A Rock Bottom Brewery Copycat Recipe
Rock Bottom Brewery is a chain of micro-breweries and restaurants. They have a rotating group of about 15 handcrafted beers made on site at each restaurant. The food tends toward the comfort food you would find in a brewpub or gastro pub, heavy on the appetizers, burgers, pizzas, tacos and pastas.
Rock Bottom now has 27 breweries in 15 states and won Brewpub Group Brewer of the Year award at the 2013 Great American Beer Festival.
A version of this recipe has been floating around the internet for almost 20 years. It was purported presented on KARE 11 News, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN by Rock Bottom Brewery sometime before 2002. We haven’t been able to independently confirm that it actually was, but it says so in so many places, we believe it must be true.
However, the recipe, as written is in a restaurant-style (ie. it’s mostly notes for the already-trained cooks to follow) and would be hard to use for the home cook. It also makes about 6 times the batter you need!
So James has (heavily) reworked the recipe to make it usable for the home cook while keeping the essence of the (purported) original.
Let us know how we did by leaving a comment.
Tartar Sauce and Cole Slaw Recipes
Make it a meal with our delicious Tartar Sauce and Cole Slaw Restaurant Copycat Recipes
Rock Bottom Brewery Beer Battered Salmon Recipe
- 2 pounds Salmon Fillets cut into "fingers"
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup good Pale Ale Beer
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 cups Vegetable Oil for cooking
- Preheat oil to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, add egg. Beat with a fork.
- Continue to beat while slow adding the beer. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, paprika and sugar. Mix well.
- Add beer and egg mixture to flour mixture. Mix to a nice batter.
- Place prepared fish fingers in batter and turn to coat entirely.
- Remove and let some excess drain.
- Place fish in preheated oil, a few at a time, and fry until until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel-covered plate to drain. Repeat until all fish is fried.
- Serve hot with fries, cole slaw and plenty of tartar sauce.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of IMG_1112 is by Chris Morin and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Chris. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe heavily adapted for at-home use from a restaurant-style recipe from Rock Bottom Brewery purportedly presented on KARE 11 News, MN, before 2002. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!