Make our P. F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Mongolian Beef will taste just like P. F. Chang’s.
Photo by Atlnav
P. F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef
P.F. Chang's Mongolian Beef Recipe
- Vegetable Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh Ginger Root grated
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2/3 cup dark Brown Sugar
- 1 pound Beef Flank Steak sliced 1/4-inch thick on the bias, then into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 bunch of Green Onions cut in 3-inch lengths
- Place the sliced beef into a bowl and add the cornstarch. Toss gently to thoroughly coat the beef pieces with the cornstarch. Set aside for about 10 minutes (while you make the sauce) to allow the cornstarch to absorb the beef juices and stick to the beef.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté, stirring, just until they release their fragrance, about 30 seconds. Don't overcook them.
- Carefully add the soy sauce, water and brown sugar. Be EXTRA CAREFUL that the hot oil does not spatter on you.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and continue stirring until the brown sugar has dissolved and the sauce boils and thickens slightly, about 4 - 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In a deep-sided skillet, add enough vegetable oil to mostly cover and fry the beef. (How much will depend on the size of the skillet. Just eyeball it. It's not that crucial.)
- Heat the oil to medium-high heat. Do not let it smoke.
- When the oil is hot, take the beef pieces out of the bowl, shaking them slightly to remove excess cornstarch, and drop them into the hot oil, a few at a time.
- Stir briefly and sauté the beef until the edges become crisp and start to brown, about 2 minutes. Don't overcook the pieces as they are going to be cooked more later.
- Remove the beef from the oil with a large slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. Set aside.
- Pour the oil out of the skillet and return the pan to medium heat.
- Return the beef slices to the pan and pour in the sauce. Stir a bit to combine and add the green onions. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the onions have softened and turned bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Remove to plate with a slotted spoon or tong.
- Serve with rice.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Crispy Honey Chicken
- P.F. Chang’s General Tso Chicken
- P. F. Chang’s Dan Dan Noodles Recipe
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
- P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps with Chicken Recipe
- Panda Express Chow Mein Recipe
- Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoons Recipe
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Recipe
- Panda Express SweetFire Chicken Breast Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Mongolian Beef is by Atlnav and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Atlnav. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Email Buttons below to SHARE our P. F. Changs Mongolian Beef Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!