Make our P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce Recipe at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe tastes just like P.F. Chang’s.
Photo by Mike McCormick
P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce
This recipe is pretty long and complicated. But it’s really good.
If you are short on time — or ambition — try just making the delicious sauce and pouring it over store-bought or take-out fried rice, noodles or … well, anything.
P.F. Chang's China Bistro Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Breast, cut into medium size chunks
- 4 ounces All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 ounces Cornstarch
- 1 Egg
- 6 ounces Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon lite Soy Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- Vegetable oil for frying, plus 2 tablespoons for finishing sauce
- 1/2 cup Sake or Rice Wine
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 3 ounces Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lite Soy Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- Cornstarch Slurry (1/4 cup corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tablespoons minced Garlic
- Red Bell Pepper and/or Scallions julienned
Make the Batter
- Mix ingredients for the batter together until just combined.
- Place in refrigerator for a couple of hours to rest.
Prepare the Chicken
- Coat chicken well with seasonings and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Prepare the Sauce
- Combine sauce ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Reserve for serving.
Cook the Chicken
- Pour vegetable oil into fryer or heavy bottomed sauce pot.
- Heat slowly to 340 - 350°F.
- Put 1/4 of the marinated chicken in a clean bowl and pour enough batter over to coat.
- Remove a few pieces at a time from the batter, using slotted spoon or large fork. Shake off excess batter.
- Carefully lower chicken into the hot oil.
- Suspend the chicken until the batter "sets," 20 - 30 seconds. Chicken is done when golden to light brown and crisp.
- Remove to platter with paper towels to drain.
- Repeat for all the chicken.
NOTE - Remember to check the oil temperature, it must remain hot.
Finish the Sauce
- Heat the reserved sauce in sauce pan, bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch slurry, a little at a time. The sauce will thicken, let it come to a thickness of "loose honey." Let cook for a minute or two.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok and add some minced garlic, red bell pepper and scallions and stir-fry briefly.
- Add 1/3 - 1/2 of the chicken (depending on pan size) and stir-fry briefly.
- Add enough sauce to just coat chicken. Stir-fry again briefly.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Crispy Honey Chicken
- P.F. Chang’s General Tso Chicken
- P. F. Chang’s Dan Dan Noodles Recipe
- P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps with Chicken Recipe
- Panda Express Chow Mein Recipe
- Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoons Recipe
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Recipe
- Panda Express SweetFire Chicken Breast Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of P. F. Chang’s China Bistro Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce is by Mike McCormick and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Thank you, . Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!