Make this Straight-From-the-Restaurant Honeywood Restaurant Honeywood Cocktail at home. This Signature Restaurant Cocktail has Woodford Rye Whiskey, Aperol, Smoked Honey and Grapefruit Juice.
Photo by Mark
Honeywood Restaurant Honeywood Cocktail
A Local and Regional Favorite Copycat Recipe
Signature Cocktail Friday
Here at the Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes HQ, we love our Signature Restaurant Cocktails and Drinks. And nothing please us more than finding or developing a recipe for one of our favorites. Except sharing them with you.
And watch for New Signature Restaurant Cocktails and Drinks Every Friday.
Restaurants love to share their recipes with their fans so they can cook and enjoy their favorite dishes at home – And we love to share them with you. Alton has spent hours tracking down these recipes all over the internet and in old newspapers, magazines and books. We are proud that we can help the restaurants share these recipes with our fans.
Honeywood Restaurant Honeywood Cocktail Recipe is a Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Other Delicious Rye and Bourbon Whiskey Cocktail Recipes from Your Favorite Restaurants and Our Readers and Friends
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- The Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
- Morton’s The Steakhouse Baked Apple Sour Cocktail Recipe
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Bourbon’s Foster Cocktail Recipe
- The Equator Cocktail Recipe
- The Baudin Cocktail Recipe
- Mississippi Punch Cocktail Recipe
- …More Delicious Recipes Coming Soon
Photo by Mark
Honeywood Restaurant, located at The Summit at Fritz Farm in Lexington, KY is Star Chef, Ouita Michel’s largest restaurant, with table service, a stylish bar and food that is fresh, locally sourced when possible, and creatively prepared but with a strong nod to Kentucky’s food traditions. “As with all our restaurants, we want our neighbors to feel a true sense of welcome and to know how grateful we are for their support,” Michel said. Honeywood has been mentioned in The Washington Post, the Zagat Guide article, “30 Most Exciting Food Cities in America 2017” and more. Honeywood is open 7 days a week.
Honeywood Cocktail Notes
- Note 1 – This recipe calls for Gents Smoked Honey Grapefruit Simple Syrup from Gents Originals in Lexington, KY. It was previously available on the Gents Website, but is not there at the time of this posting. You can check for it and view their other fine cocktail syrups and mixes by clicking HERE.
- Note 2 – You can make you own Smoked Honey Grapefruit Simple Syrup. We have Our Recipe in the box below the Honeywood Cocktail Recipe.
- Note 3 – We made this with freshly-squeezed Grapefruit Juice, as the recipe calls for, the first time we made it. Then we tried it with GOOD bottled Grapefruit Juice. We actually liked the bottled Grapefruit Juice version better. It had a more grapefruit forward taste. Maybe it was the grapefruits we used – but you should try it both ways if you like this cocktail.
Honeywood Restaurant Honeywood Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces Woodford Reserve Rye or other Rye Whisky of choice
- 1/2 ounce Aperol
- 1 ounce Gents Smoked Honey Grapefruit Simple Syrup See Note 1 Above or Homemade Smoked Honey Grapefruit Simple Syrup (See Note 2 Above and box below for Recipe)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed strained Grapefruit Juice See Note 3 Above
- Grapefruit Peel to garnish
- To an ice-filled shaker, add all the ingredients, except grapefruit peel. Shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a Coupe, Martini, Rocks, Nick & Nora or other glass.
- Garnish with grapefruit peel.
Smoked Honey Grapefruit Simple Syrup Recipe
- 1 Jar Smoked Honey (Smoke Honey is not terribly common, but can be found in some areas) or 1 cup Home-Smoked Honey
- 1 Cup freshly-squeezed or good bottled Grapefruit Juice
- Smoke honey in your smoker to desired "smokyness." Or...Open jar.
- Add honey and grapefruit juice to a small saucepan.
- Place saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, just until honey is melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour cooled syrup into a sealable bottle or jar. Place in the refrigerator until chilled or ready to use.
Be Sure to Try These Other Delicious “Fruity” Cocktail Recipes from Your Favorite Restaurants and Our Readers and Friends
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Honeywood Restaurant Honeywood Cocktail is by Mark and is free to use and share under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Recipe Courtesy of Honeywood Restaurant. Restaurant information adapted from Honeywood Restaurant Webpage. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!