Make our Bennigan’s Onion Soup Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Onion will taste just like Bennigan’s.
Photo by David Blaikie
Bennigan’s Onion Soup
Bennigan's Onion Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound firm White Onions sliced
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoons Corn Oil
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 quart Chicken Broth
- 1 quart Beef Broth
- 8 slices French Bread
- Swiss Cheese shredded
- Parmesan Cheese grated
- Sauté onions in butter and oil until onions are transparent, but not well-browned. When tender, turn heat to lowest point.
- Sprinkle with flour, stirring vigorously.
- Pour into Dutch oven.
- Stir in broths.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Divide among 8 oven-proof bowls.
- Mix equal parts of cheese to a smooth paste. Spread over bread.
- Float a slice of bread atop each soup serving.
- Place all bowls on oven rack 4-inches from broiler heat.
- Broil until cheese melts. Serve at once.
- Leftover soup freezes well up to 6 months.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Bennigan’s Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Bennigan’s Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe
- Grilled Vidalia Onions with Bacon Butter Recipe
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
- Qdoba Mexican Gumbo Soup Recipe
- Applebee’s Beer Cheese Recipe
- …More Delicious Recipes Coming Soon
Photo of French Onion Soup is by David Blaikie and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Thank you, David. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!