Make our Cheddar’s Honey Croissants Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Honey Croissants will taste just like Cheddars’.
Croissants are not too difficult to make at home if you know how to work with yeast dough. But they are quite time consuming.
Nowadays most cities and even towns are going to have several places you can get really good, fresh-made croissants. Heck, my neighborhood grocery bakes their own — and they are quite good.
So here is the easy way to make Cheddar’s Honey Croissants — Buy some good croissants and whip up some Honey Butter.
Below that, if you are inclined, is a recipe for really good homemade Honey Butter Croissants.
Cheddar’s Honey Butter Recipe
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Honey
- Mix all together and heat to melt.
Cheddars Honey Croissants Recipe
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packages active dry Yeast or 5 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm Water
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose Flour, divided
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 cups Butter, chilled
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Combine yeast and warm water, stirring to dissolve and activate the yeast. Let stand about 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together yeast mixture, half of the flour, 1/2 cup water, and honey.
- Beat until smooth then cover the bowl with a towel and let stand for 1 1/2 hours.
- With a pastry knife or two butter knives, cut butter into remaining half of flour.
- Add yeast mixture and fold together to just moisten flour without breaking up the butter pieces.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat down, rolling into a 18 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Using a spatula, fold one-third of the dough toward the center, then fold another one-third from the other side. Lift the folded dough off the work surface and scrape the surface clean. Sprinkle the work area with flour and repeat the rolling and folding 3 more times. If the dough becomes too soft, chill until firm again.
- Roll dough into a thin rectangle then cut diagonally to form 12 triangles; roll each triangle from the wide end to the point.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets, curving the ends into a crescent shape.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush on top of the croissants.
- Let rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Re-glaze croissants with egg/water mixture then bake until puffed and brown, about 10 minutes.
Note: The butter and the folding are what make these croissants so flaky, so don’t let the butter get so soft it will mix into the dough, and don’t skimp on the folding process.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Bobby Flay’s Honey-Glazed Salmon
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Croissants with Honey Butter is by kthread – http://www.kthread.com/kthread/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Cheddar’s Honey Croissants Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!