Make our Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Chunky Monkey Ice Cream will taste just like Ben and Jerry’s (for about 1/2 the cost. Shhhhhhh.)
Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Recipe
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 2 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Heavy Cream or Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Walnuts (optional)
- 2 Bananas, over ripe
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Place the chocolate chunks in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk, and whisk to blend. Add the vanilla and whisk to blend again.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer’s directions.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, add the lemon juice, and whisk until smooth.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the banana mixture, chocolate chunks, and walnuts, then continue freezing until done.
Makes 1 quart
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Ben and Jerry’s NY Super Fudge Chunk Ice Cream
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Chunky Monkey is by Fabienne D. – http://www.maplanete.ch/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!