Make our Applebee’s Beer Cheese Recipe at home for your next party or ballgame. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Beer Cheese will taste just like Applebee’s.
From the Applebee’s Menu; “White cheddar mixed with craft beer and roasted garlic creates a savory dip served alongside warm pretzel sticks seasoned with sesame seeds, coarse salt and crushed red pepper. Comes with Honey Dijon mustard sauce.”
Applebee’s Beer Cheese Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 bottle Blue Moon Beer
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Paprika or Cayenne Pepper Powder, to garnish
- Melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add flour. Whisk to combine until smooth and continue cooking for about 1 minute.
- Continue to whisk and slowly add in the beer and milk.
- Add garlic, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir constantly for about 5 – 10 minutes, until thickened. The sauce should coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in both cheeses and hot sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Place in a nice bowl, garish with a dash of paprika or cayenne pepper powder and serve immediately while still warm.
Serve with warm pretzel sticks like Applebee’s or toast points, crostini and/or crudités for dipping.
Applebee’s also includes a small pot of Honey Dijon Mustard Sauce for dipping. We have an easy recipe for delicious Honey Mustard Sauce. Just click the link below now and you can include some with your Beer Cheese just like Applebee’s:
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Beer Cheese and Pretzels is by Lindsey Turner – http://theogeo.blogspot.com/ – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!