Make our Almond Joy Candy Bar Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Almond Joys will taste just like the real things.
This is my Mom’s favorite candy bar.
Almond Joy Candy Bar Recipe
- 4 cups (8 1/2-oz) shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 11 1/2 ounce package of Milk Chocolate Pieces
- 1/4 c Vegetable Shortening
- 26 whole natural Almonds – 1 ounce
- Line two large cookie sheets with waxed paper. Set large wire cooling rack on paper; set aside.
- Place coconut in large bowl; set aside.
- Place corn syrup in a 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on high (100%) 1 minute or until syrup boils. Immediately pour over coconut.
- Work warm syrup into coconut using the back of a wooden spoon until coconut is thoroughly coated. This takes a little time, and yes, there is enough syrup.
- Using 1 level measuring tablespoon of coconut, shape into a ball by squeezing coconut firmly in palm of one hand, then rolling between both palms. (HINT: Measure out all of the coconut then roll into balls.)
- Place 2 inches apart on wire racks. Let dry 10 minutes. Reroll coconut balls so there are no loose ends of coconut sticking up.
- Place milk chocolate and shortening in a 4-cup glass measure or 1 1/2 quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture can be stirred smooth and is glossy; stirring once or twice.
- Working quickly, spoon 1 level measuring tablespoon of the chocolate over each coconut ball, making sure chocolate coats and letting excess chocolate drip down onto waxed paper.
- While chocolate coating is still soft, lightly press whole almond on top of each.
- Let stand to set or place in refrigerator. Store in a single layer in airtight container.
Keeps best if refrigerated. Makes 26.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Almond Joy Candy Bar is by Evan-Amos and is in the Public Domain – I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain. This applies worldwide. I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Almond Joy Candy Bar Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!