If you love Outback Steakhouse’s Bloomin’ Onion – and we KNOW you do! – you are gonna flip over these small, bite-sized Mini Bloomin’ Onion Bites!
Photo is Taken from the Video
Our pages may contain ads and affiliate links from Amazon and others. If you buy something after clicking on one of these links you will not pay one penny more – but we will get a small commission. This helps us keep bringing this site and our recipes to you for free. Thank you.
Mini (Outback Steakhouse) Bloomin’ Onion Bites
Outback Steakhouse’s Bloomin’ Onion is the #1 Restaurant Appetizer in America (according to Outback, anyway) and by far the most popular recipe on Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipe (Click HERE now for Outback Steakhouse’s Bloomin’ Onion Recipe)
While the Bloomin’ Onion is delicious and a perfect way to start a big meal with friends – a party recipe it is not. It’s way too big and messy to make a good “walking-around-and-eating-while-socializing-with- friends” food.
Our buddies at Delish have got our back.
Mini Bloomin’ Onion Bites are everything you love in Outback Steakhouse’s large, serve-the-whole-table-sized Bloomin’ Onions – but in a more convenient, personal bite-sized snack – perfect for any party.
The Full Written Recipe – Ingredients and Directions – is below the video.
Video Courtesy of Delish YouTube
Mini (Outback Steakhouse) Bloomin’ Onion Bites Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Delish YouTube
- 20 Pearl Onions
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Oil, enough to fill your skillet 1 inch high
- Spicy Dipping Sauce (Recipe below)
- Make the dipping sauce, according to the recipe below. Set aside.
- Cut tops of pearl onions. Slice top down (being careful not to cut all the way through.) 3 times to form six sections of the onion. (See Video)
- Using your fingers, separate onion sections. (See Video)
- In a shallow bowl, mix eggs with water.
- In a separate shallow bowl, mix flour with garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Stir together until combined.
- Dredge onions, first in egg and then in flour mixture.
- In a large, high-sided skillet, heat oil.
- Fry onions in batches, until they are golden. Place on a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Mini Bloomin’ Onion Bites Spicy Dipping Sauce Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Delish YouTube
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, paprika, garlic powder and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Mini Bloomin’ Onion Bites
A printable version of the recipe can be found HERE
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We have sent our readers over 200 Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes (and counting!) Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Blooming Onion Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Loaded Blooming Onion Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Restaurant Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread Recipe
- Burger King Onion Rings Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles Recipe
- Long John Silver’s Hush Puppies
- Texas Roadhouse Fried Catfish Recipe
- Big Boy Tartar Sauce Recipe
- Big Boy Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- …More Delicious Recipes Coming Soon
Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ Book: Recipes and Secrets from a Legendary Barbecue Joint
From dry rubs to glazes and from sauces to slathers, Lilly gives the lowdown on Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q’s award-winning seasonings and combinations. You’ll learn the unique flavors of different woods and you’ll get insider tips on creating the right heat – be it in a charcoal grill, home oven, or backyard ground pit. Then, get the scoop on pulled pork, smoked beef brisket, pit-fired poultry, and, of course, ribs.
Complete the feast with sides like red-skin potato salad and black-eyed peas. And surely you’ll want to save room for Lilly’s dessert recipes such as Big Mama’s Pound Cake. Loaded with succulent photographs, easy-to-follow instructions, and colorful stories, Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ Book honors the legacy of Big Bob Gibson’s and of great barbecue.
Photo is taken from the video. Original Video can be found at How to Make Bloomin’ Onion Bites | Recipe | Delish. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Email Buttons below to SHARE this Mini Bloomin’ Onion Bites Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!