Make our Houlihan’s Restaurant & Bar Thai Chile Wings Recipe at home. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Thai Chile Wings will taste just like Houlihan’s.
Photo by Gadjo Sevilla
Houlihan’s Restaurant & Bar Thai Chile Wings
A Houlihan’s Restaurant & Bar Copycat Recipe
Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar Thai Chile Wings Recipe
- 3 pounds Chicken Wings, separated
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Chili Sauce such as Sriracha, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped Cilantro to serve
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds to serve
- 1 Green Onion sliced thin, to serve
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, grated ginger, garlic and chili sauce. Mix well.
- Divide mixture in 1/2.
- Store 1/2 of mixture in a tightly sealed container, in the refrigerator, until ready to serve wings.
- Set aside other half.
- Rinse chicken wings. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place wings in a sealable container.
- Pour non-refrigerated 1/2 of sauce into container with wings. Toss to mix well.
- Store in a tightly sealed container, in the refrigerator, for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
Cooking and Serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove wings from container, allowing excess sauce to drip off, and place on cookie sheet. DISCARD the sauce in this container. Do not use further as it has touched the raw chicken.
- Place wings in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, checking frequently for burning. Turn 1/2 way through or as needed. Check wings for doneness, and cook more if needed. (Click HERE to See How to Check if Chicken Wings are Done and Safe to Eat)
- Once wings are done, place in a large clean bowl. Add about 1/2 of the refrigerated sauce (No NOT use the overnight marinade. It has touched the raw chicken.) Toss to coat.
- Add cilantro, sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Toss to coat.
- Pour remaining unused sauce in microwavable bowl and warm slightly, just to take the chill off.
- Serve wings hot with warmed sauce and a selection of good dipping sauces (See box below for a few of our Restaurant Dipping Sauce Recipes)
Dipping Sauce Recipes
Make one or more of our delicious Dipping Sauce Restaurant Copycat Recipes to dip your Thai Chile Wings.
We feel you.
Visit our Sister Site, Hot Wing Fanatics for all the Wing Recipes you will ever need.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Wings and Tacos from Houlihan’s Pub In Cleveland” is by Gadjo Sevilla and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Gadjo. Great Picture. No, those do not look like Thai Chile Wings. They are probably Buffalo. But until we can make this recipe, they are the best we can do. See the next sentence. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes widely circulated on the internet. Recipe is our adaption of a recipe courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!