Make our Gordon Biersch Beer Braised Sausages Recipe at home. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Beer Braised Sausages will taste just like Gordon Biersch.
Photo by Mark
Gordon Biersch Beer Braised Sausages
A Gordon Biersch Copycat Recipe
The Traditional Sausage Platter at Gordon Biersch has 3 beer bratwursts, grilled, skewered and served with Sauerkraut & Bacon Potato Croquettes and Braised Red Cabbage. Accompanied by our Märzen Mustard and GB Pub Sauce.
Note – This is a 2 Day Recipe
Gordon Biersch Beer Braised Sausages Recipe
- Czech-Style Pilsner Mustard (Recipe Link Below)
- 3 pounds assorted Bratwurst, Bockwurst and Knackwurst Sausages
- 3 bottles Gordon Biersch FestBier or other Lager - Märzen of choice
- 1 large Yellow Onion diced
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro chopped
- Pinch each Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Arrange the sausages in a baking dish or pan.
- In a medium bowl, add beer, onion, cilantro and salt and pepper. Mix.
- Pour mixture over the sausages.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight to marinate.
- Place a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and marinated sausages.
- Cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Pour in marinating mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil (increase heat, if necessary), then reduce heat and continue to cook, at a low simmer, until onions are soft and translucent, about 7 - 10 minutes. Add water or more beer if mixture starts to get too dry.
- Check to make sure sausages are done and internal temperature has reached at least 165°F.
- Arrange sausages on a serving place.
- Pour cooking liquid over sausages.
- Serve with crunchy bread and Gordon Czech Style Pilsner Mustard (See below for a Link to the Recipe).
Gordon Biersch Czech-Style Pilsner Mustard
At Gordon Biersch the Beer Braised Sausages are served with Czech-Style Pilsner Mustard.
Click Here Now for Our Gordon Biersch Czech-Style Pilsner Mustard Recipe
Other Dipping Sauce Recipes that Will be Delicious on Your Beer Braised Sausages.
Make one or more of our delicious Dipping Sauce Restaurant Copycat Recipes for your Beer Braised Sausages.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Italian Sausage Braising in Beer” is by Don LaVange and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Don. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes widely circulated on the internet courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!