Make this Straight-From-the-Restaurant Carrabba’s Italian Grill Pollo Rosa Maria Recipe at home. This is the Original Version of Carrabba’s Italian Grill Pollo Rosa Maria from 2009.
Photo by Sherene
Carrabba’s Italian Grill Pollo Rosa Maria
A Carrabba’s Italian Grill Copycat Recipe
Occasionally restaurants are kind enough to share their recipes with their fans so they can cook and enjoy their favorite dishes at home. Alton has spent hours tracking down these recipes. We are proud that we can help the restaurants share these recipes with our fans.
Carrabba’s Italian Grill Pollo Rosa Maria from 2009 is a Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe.
Carrabba's Italian Grill Pollo Rosa Maria Recipe - Original Version
- 2 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless and butterflied
- 4 slices thinly-sliced Prosciutto
- 4 slices Fontina Cheese
- Freshly ground White Pepper to taste
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons Butter divided
- 6 Mushrooms sliced
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Basil
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Cover 1/2 of each breast section with one slice of prosciutto and one slice Fontina cheese.
- Fold chicken breast half flap over the dressed chicken breast half.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Place on hot grill. Cook, turning once, until done and internal temperature reaches 165°F as measured by an instant-read thermometer.
- In a large sauté pan, place 1 tablespoon butter.
- Place pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Sauté until softened.
- Add white wine and lemon juice. Lower heat to medium-low. Simmer approximately 10 minutes to reduce.
- A little at a time, add remaining 3 tablespoons butter until butter melts and mixture emulsifies.
- Add basil.
- Place one chicken breast on each serving plate.
- Spoon lemon butter mushroom basil sauce on top of the chicken.
- Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Pollo Rosa Maria” is by Sherene and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Sherene. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe was provided by Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Warwick to The Providence Journal, Providence, RI and featured in their Chef’s Secret column as part of Carabbas’ Dal Cuore Nights Promotion on or before Feb 11, 2009. It was found via the Wayback Machine on the Internet Archive. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!