Make our Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Coconut Shrimp Recipe at home. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Coconut Shrimp will taste just like Bubba Gump’s.
Photo by daisy.images
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Coconut Shrimp
A Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Copycat Recipe
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is an American seafood restaurant chain inspired by the 1994 film Forrest Gump. The first Bubba Gump opened in 1996 on Cannery Row in Monterey, California, as the first and only (even to this day) casual restaurant chain based on a motion picture property. Currently there are more than 38 Bubba Gumps 22 in the US and 16 international locations.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. serves scratch-made, southern-style comfort dishes mainly, as you might imagine, of shrimp – but also has burgers, ribs, salads and cocktails.
Restaurants display movie memorabilia throughout the restaurant. Guests can play Forrest Gump movie trivia and can signal their waiter with a “Stop, Forrest, Stop” sign.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- 1/2 pound medium-size fresh Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup Pancake Mix
- 3/4 cup Hefeweizen Beer such as Blue Moon
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Shredded or Flaked Coconut
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Combine pancake mix and beer in a shallow bowl. Stir until smooth.
- In another shallow bowl, add flour, seasoning salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Pour coconut into a third shallow bowl.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven. Place on stovetop and heat to 350°F.
- When oil is hot, using the tail as a handle, dip a shrimp into the flour mixture. Turn to make sure all surfaces are covered. Shake off any excess.
- Then dip into the batter. Turn to make sure all surfaces are covered.
- Then dredge in coconut.
- Repeat with all of the shrimp.
- When oil is hot, fry, a few at a time, 45 seconds on each side or until golden.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-covered plate.
- Serve hot with Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Orange Dipping Sauce (Recipe Link Below) and a selection of other dipping sauces, if desired.
Delicious Dipping Sauce Recipes
Make one or more of our delicious Dipping Sauce Restaurant Copycat Recipes to dip your Coconut Shrimp.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Bubba Gump Shrimp” is by daisy.images and is used by permission under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/legalcode. Photo of Bubba Gump Sign by Dino Quinzani and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) License. Thank you, Daisy and Dino. Great Pictures. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Information courtesy of Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and Wikipedia where it is used by permission. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!