Make our Panda Express Beef and Broccoli Recipe at home with our Secret Restaurant Recipe and your Beef and Broccoli will taste just like Panda Express.
Photo by Rach
Panda Express Beef and Broccoli
A Panda Express Copycat Recipe
Panda Express is a fast food restaurant chain that serves American Chinese cuisine. Founded in California in 1983, Panda Express has grown from one family-owned restaurant to over 2,200 locations all over the world and is now the largest Asian food restaurant chain in the United States.
Panda Express restaurants were traditionally located in shopping mall food courts, but the chain now operates stand-alone restaurants, as well as locations in universities, casinos, airports, military bases, amusement parks and other venues.
Panda Express Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 1/2 pound Flank Steak
- 1 tablespoon light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Corn Starch mixed with 1 teaspoon Water
- 4 cups Broccoli Florets and Stems chopped and tough parts removed
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Oil or other Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon organic Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt to taste
- 1/4 freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine
- Thinly slice flank steak, against the grain, into 1 by 1/4-inch bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add soy sauce, sugar, canola oil and corn starch mixture to make a marinade. Stir to mix well and dissolve sugar.
- Add beef to marinade. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Fill a medium pot with water. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli and lightly blanch until water re-boils. Quickly drain broccoli in a colander.
- Drizzle peanut oil in a wok or sauté pan. Place on stove top and heat to medium high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir to quickly infuse flavors and avoid burning.
- Add marinated beef. Briskly stir-fry until beef starts to brown, but retains some pink.
- Add oyster sauce. Stir to further infuse flavors.
- When beef is almost all browned through, adjust seasonings to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add rice wine. Stir until sauce thicken slightly. Remove from heat immediately.
- Serve over broccoli and your choice of steamed rice, fried rice or noodles.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Panda Express” is by Rach and is used by permission under the Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode. Photo of “Panda Panda Panda Yum” is by Eric Mills and is used by permission under the Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/legalcode. Thank you, Rach and Eric. Great Pictures. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Panda Express information courtesy of https://www.pandaexpress.com/ and Wikipedia, where it is used by permission. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!