Make Cosi’s Flatbread Recipe to go with your Cosi Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Flatbread Sandwiches.
Photo by Sea Turtle
Our pages may contain ads and affiliate links from Amazon and others. If you buy something after clicking on one of these links you will not pay one penny more – but we will get a small commission. This helps us keep bringing this site and our recipes to you for free. Thank you.
Cosi’s Flatbread Recipe
This is the recipe for the flatbread served at Cosi. We have a delicious recipe that uses this bread – Cosi Tomato Basil and Mozzarella Flatbread Sandwiches – which you can make by clicking the link below.
Cosi's Flatbread Recipe
- 1 1/4- ounce packet active Dry Yeast
- Pinch of Sugar
- 3 cups Bread Flour plus more for dusting
- Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil plus more for brushing
- Stir the yeast, sugar and 1 1/2 cups warm water (about 110°F) in a bowl. Let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes. Whisk the flour and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Add the yeast mixture and olive oil and mix with your hands into a smooth dough. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; set aside in a warm place until the dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until slightly elastic, dusting with more flour if the dough is too sticky to handle, about 5 minutes. Return the dough to the bowl, cover and set aside again until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Brush 2 baking sheets with olive oil. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, dusting with more flour if needed. Cut the dough in half and form into 2 balls. Roll out each ball into a 12-by-3-inch rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick. Transfer each dough rectangle to one of the prepared baking sheets and let rest, uncovered, until a dry crust forms on top, 1 hour, 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, position racks in the middle and lower thirds of the oven. Place a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on the bottom rack and preheat to 475°F for at least 40 minutes.
- Press your fingertips through the dry crust on top of the dough to create a spotted pattern. Gently stretch each piece of dough into a 14-by-4-inch rectangle, then brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Put 1 baking sheet of dough on the pizza stone and bake until the bottom of the bread is golden brown, about 7 minutes. Transfer to the middle rack and continue baking until golden all over, about 5 more minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately brush the top of the bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt; let cool on the baking sheet on a rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We have sent our readers over 200 Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes (and counting!) Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Panera Bread Roasted Turkey Artichoke Panini
- Bennigan’s Monte Cristo Sandwich
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Cosi Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Flatbread Sandwich by sea turtle and used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Cosi Flatbread Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!