Make our Benihana Hibachi Scallops Recipe at home with our Secret Restaurant Recipe and your seared scallops will taste just like Benihana’s.
Photo by Iuri Kothe
Benihana Hibachi Scallops
A Benihana Copycat Recipe
Serve Benihana Benihana Hibachi Scallops with…
Benihana Hibachi Scallops Recipe
- 3 teaspoons Canola Oil divided
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked Scallops, about 20 Sea Scallops, patted dry with a paper towel (The secret to perfectly browned scallops is to pat them dry before sautéing.)
- 1 medium uncooked Onion cut in 1/2 and then thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound dried Shiitake Mushroom stems discarded, caps sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Root freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons minced Garlic
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Carrot divided
- 1 cup Mung Bean Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons low sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 medium uncooked Scallion sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet placed over high heat, pour 2 teaspoons oil. Heat until hot and shimmering.
- Add scallops in a single, nontouching layer, Cook until bottoms are browned, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on both sides and scallops are just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove to a plate.
- Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in same skillet.
- Add onion. Stir fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Stir fry until mushrooms and onion are almost tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in ginger and garlic. Stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in 1 cup of carrots, bean sprouts and any juices that have accumulated on scallop plate. Stir-fry until carrots and sprouts have softened slightly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Spoon 1/2 cup vegetable mixture onto each of 4 plates.
- Top each with 5 scallops. (Give yourself - or someone you like - any remaining scallops. 😉 - Alton)
- Garnish with remaining carrots and scallion.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Benihana Lobster Shrimp Scallops… is by Iuri Kothe and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Iuri. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!