Make our Bahama Breeze Crab Stack Recipe at home tonight for your family. This Bahama Breeze appetizer tastes as good as it looks.
Photo by Rusty Gillespie
Bahama Breeze Crab Stack
A Bahama Breeze Copycat Recipe
Bahama Breeze Crab Stack Recipe
- Dual Open-Ended Cylindrical Mold (If you don't have a mold, use an empty clean soup or veggie can with both ends removed.)
- 2 tablespoon plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon Capers
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Grain Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Freshly squeezed Juice of 1/4 Lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning store bought or homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce of choice
- Small handful of Mixed Baby Greens of choice
- 1 ripe Avocado
- One 3-ounce Mango chopped
- 1 tablespoons chopped Red Onions
- 1/8 Jalapeño Pepper seeded and minced
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 5 ounces Jumbo Lump Crab Meat picked over
- Hot Sauce of choice, to garnish
- Large Fried Tortilla Strips or Wedges to serve
Do in Advance
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, capers, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, garlic and hot sauce. Store, covered, in the refrigerator, until ready to use, for at least 1 hour.
When Ready to Create
- Place a small, thin mound of baby greens, slightly wider than the mold onto the serving plate. Do not place too many or make the mound too thick, you want your crab stack to set comfortably on top.
- Place the mold in the center of the mound of greens, so that greens show all around (See photo above).
- Starting at the top, with a very sharp knife, cut down into each avocado until you hit the pit. Cut completely around the avocado, top to bottom, touching the pit the entire time.
- Pull the two halves of the avocado apart and remove the pit with a spoon.
- Use the spoon to scoop the avocado out of the skin.
- Slice into thin strips.
- Gently push down the avocado slices into the bottom of the mold.
- In a small bowl, mix together mango, jalapeño, red bell pepper and red onion.
- Gently push mixture down on top of the avocado layer.
- In another small bowl, gently toss crab with the refrigerated yogurt mixture.
- Gently push down on top of the mango layer.
- Carefully slide the mold off of the stack. Place plate in refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
- Drizzle hot sauce in a circle around the stack, or in any pattern you like.
- Serve cold with tortillas.
Creole Seasoning Recipe
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Crab, Shrimp, Mango, and Avocado Stack” is by Rusty Gillespie and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/legalcode. Thank you, Rusty. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!