Make this Straight-From-the-Restaurant McCormick & Schmick’s Seared Scallops with Mushroom Ragout Recipe at home.
Photo by Rory McHarg
McCormick & Schmick’s Seared Scallops with Mushroom Ragout
A McCormick & Schmick’s Copycat Recipe
Restaurants love to share their recipes with their fans so they can cook and enjoy their favorite dishes at home – And we love to share them with you. Alton has spent hours tracking down these recipes. We are proud that we can help the restaurants share these recipes with our fans.
McCormick & Schmick’s Seared Scallops with Mushroom Ragout from 2004 is a Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe.
McCormick & Schmick's Seared Scallops with Mushroom Ragout Recipe
- 1 ounce Butter
- 1/2 medium Red Onion julienned
- 3 Shallots julienned
- 3 cloves fresh Garlic minced
- 2 cups Portobello Mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups Shiitake Mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups Button Mushrooms sliced
- 2 ounces Brandy
- 3 ounces Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 2 Sun-Dried Tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Sage julienned
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh baby Spinach
- 2 cloves fresh Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 16 fresh Sea Scallops (10 - 20 size)
- 4 pieces Prosciutto (Parma is best) sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place onion, garlic and shallots in butter. Sauté until translucent.
- Add all mushrooms. Cook just until done.
- Deglaze with brandy. Cook until reduced by 1/2.
- Add stock. Reduce until almost dry.
- Add cream, tomatoes and sage. Bring to a boil.
- Add cheese. Cook on medium-high 10 minutes.
- Taste. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add spinach. Cook 1 - 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place 4 scallops on skewer and wrap with prosciutto.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Put scallops in pan. Sear 2 minutes on each side, until scallops are tender.
- Divide spinach among plates, positioning in center of plate.
- Spoon mushroom ragout over spinach and top each with 4 scallops.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Searing is by Rory McHarg and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Rory. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is adapted from McCormick & Schmick’s, Orlando, FL, published in the Orlando Sentinel in 2004 and recovered with the WayBack Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!