Make this Straight-From-the-Restaurant Longhorn Steakhouse PrimeTime Burger Recipe at home. No one can resist a big, juicy burger. And Longhorn Steakhouse’s PrimeTime Burger with its inspired mixture of ground beef and prime rib will not disappoint.
Photo by Phillip Ingham
Longhorn Steakhouse PrimeTime Burger
A Longhorn Steakhouse Copycat Recipe
For a time Longhorn Steakhouse has offered up grilling tips for the home Weekend Griller on their Expert Griller by Longhorn Steakhouse website. While these exact recipes are not available in the restaurant – they are created by the Longhorn Steakhouse chefs and inspired by what is on their menu.
Longhorn Steakhouse PrimeTime Burger Recipe is one of these recipes from 2016
Longhorn Steakhouse PrimeTime Burger Recipe
- 1 pound Prime Rib
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 Red Onion sliced thin, divided
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 2 pounds Ground Chuck or Beef 75/25
- 4 Brioche Burger Buns
- Butter as needed
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 8 ounces Horseradish Sauce
- 4 leaves Lettuce
- 1 Tomato sliced
- Remove prime rib from the refrigerator. Let it reach room temperature for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Season prime rib with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Continue roasting for another 2 – 2 1/2 hours, until internal temperature is at least 130°F.
- Remove from oven to a cutting board.
- Thinly slice prime rib.
- Place a large sauté over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter. Allow to melt and get hot, but do not burn.
- When hot, add slices from 1 onion and all mushrooms. Sauté until onions are tender and translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Clean and oil your grill grates with cooking spray.
- Close the grill lid and heat to 550°F.
- Form the ground meat into four equal-sized half-pound patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place burgers on grill and cook to your liking.
- Spread butter on both sides of burger buns evenly. Place on grill for one minute to toast.
- In the final minute of grilling, top each burger with sliced Swiss cheese.
- Remove burgers and buns from grill.
- Spread 2 ounces horseradish sauce on the top buns.
- Place perfectly grilled burger on bottom bun, cheese side up.
- Top with 1/4 of the shaved prime rib.
- Add sautéed onion and mushroom mixture, lettuce, tomato slices, raw red onion slices - or any of your other favorite toppings.
- Serve immediately.
Follow Us to Get ALL of Our Latest Recipes
Get All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes as Soon as We Publish Them
Just Follow Us on on Your Favorite Social Media Sites and Never Miss a New Recipe.
Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “20130728|Florida_08899” is by Phillip Ingham and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Phillip. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe adapted from Longhorn Steakhouse’s Website, circa 2016, “Legendary Summer Recipes” Page by way of the Wayback Machine on the Internet Archive. From the Legendary Summer Recipes, “Flex your grill muscles with these recipes from the original grill heroes—our LongHorn® Grill Masters.” Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!