Make our Landry’s Seafood Crawfish Bisque Recipe and “Experience a Taste of the Gulf Coast” in your home.
Photo by Ron Dollete
Landry’s Seafood Crawfish Bisque
A Landry’s Seafood Copycat Recipe
Landry's Seafood Crawfish Bisque Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked Shrimp
- 1/4 cup Margarine
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 1/4 cups diced Onion
- 1/2 cup diced Celery
- 1 tablespoon finely minced Garlic about 4 - 5 cloves
- 5 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Green Bell Pepper cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Dry Sherry
- 8 ounces frozen cooked Crawfish Tail Meat, thawed
- Coarsely chop 6 shrimp. Place into a medium bowl.
- Peel all remaining shrimp. Add removed shells to a bowl with chopped shrimp. Set bowl aside. Reserve peeled shrimp for another use. Store in a tightly sealed container, in the refrigerator, until ready to serve.
- Place a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add margarine and butter and cook until melted and hot but not burning.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, chopped shrimp and shells. Cook, stirring, until shells begin to brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in flour until well mixed.
- Gradually whisk in water. Cook, whisking occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a colander or sieve over a bowl to catch the liquid. Discard solids.
- Pour strained liquid back into pot.
- Place pot over medium heat. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add paprika, ground red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Taste. Adjust seasonings, to taste.
- Add the bell peppers. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream and sherry. Whisk until combined.
- Add crawfish meat. Cook until just heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, hot.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Corn and Crawfish Bisque is by Ron Dollete and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Ron. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!