Make our Johnny Carino’s Baked Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe at home. Johnny Carino’s Baked Stuffed Mushrooms Appetizer is a delicious way to start any meal – Italian or not.
Photo by Laura Eulalia Silva
Johnny Carino’s Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
A Johnny Carino’s Copycat Recipe
Johnny Carino's Baked Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 cup Johnny Carino's Lemon Basil Cream Sauce (Recipe below)
- 1/8 cup chopped Garlic
- 4 cups chopped Spinach
- 2/3 cup diced Red Onion
- 2/3 cup shredded Asiago Cheese
- 1/2 cup Romano Cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sauté Spice Mix (1/2 tablespoon each of Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic Salt)
- 1 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Eggs
- Large Mushroom Caps cleaned and stems removed
- 1/8 cup diced Roma Tomatoes to garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh Basil julienned, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan/finely chopped Parsley mix to garnish
- Prepare Johnny Carino's Lemon Basil Cream Sauce according to recipe below.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large metal mixing bowl, combine garlic, spinach, onion, Asiago cheese, Romano cheese, Parmesan cheese black pepper, sauté spice, bread crumbs and eggs. Fold together until mixture begins to form into a single mass.
- Place approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixtures into each mushroom cap.
- Place stuffed mushrooms caps on sheet pan stuffing side up.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool immediately.
- Warm cream sauce in a saucepan on stove or in microwave.
- Place mushrooms in a large serving dish or 4 - 6 in individual serving dishes.
- Ladle heated cream sauce over mushrooms.
- Top with diced Roma tomatoes. Sprinkle with fresh basil strips. Dust with Parmesan/parsley mix.
- Serve hot.
Johnny Carino's Lemon Basil Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Add butter to a large skillet. Place over medium-high heat and melt butter.
- Add garlic. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cook 8 minutes or until reduced by 1/2.
- Whisk together lemon juice and cornstarch until smooth.
- Whisk lemon juice mixture and pepper into butter mixture. Cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Jim’s Belated Birthday at Johnny Carino’s (4)” is by Laura Eulalia Silva and is used by permission under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/legalcode. Thank you, Laura Eulalia Silva. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!