Make this Lost Favorite Howard Johnson’s Thousand Island Dressing Recipe at home and your Thousand Island Dressing will taste just like you remember from Howard Johnson’s.
Photo by Mark
Howard Johnson’s Thousand Island Dressing
A Howard Johnson’s Copycat Recipe
Howard Johnson's Thousand Island Dressing Recipe
- 1 Green Onion cleaned and sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons bottled Capers drained well and chopped
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot prepared Horseradish squeezed to remove the liquid
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dill Pickles chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Brandy
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Taste. Add more salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
- Store in a tightly sealed container, in the refrigerator, for at least 2 hours to let the flavors blend.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Howard Johnson’s Thousand Island Dressing is by Mark and is free to use and share under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. This recipe was sent by a reader to the Uncle Phaedrus Consulting Detective and Finder of Lost Recipes Website. The original origin of the recipe is unknown – It may come Straight-From-the-Restaurant. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!