Make our Gordon Biersch Korean Short Ribs Recipe at home. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Korean Short Ribs will taste just like Gordon Biersch.
Photo by astromango芒果
Gordon Biersch Korean Short Ribs
A Gordon Biersch Copycat Recipe
Note – This is a 2 Day Recipe
Gordon Biersch Korean Short Ribs Recipe
- 4 pound Korean-Cut Beef Short Ribs
- 2 Asian Pear Apples peeled and cored
- 2 large Onions
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 large knob fresh Ginger peeled and cut into 1-inch segments
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds toasted
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Sake
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Salt to taste
24 Hours Before Cooking
- Place pear apples, onions, garlic and ginger in a food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Pour into a medium bowl.
- Add honey, brown sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sake and water. Whisk to mix well.
- Place ribs in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour prepared marinade over ribs. Turn ribs to make sure all surfaces are covered with marinade.
- Place dish, covered, in the refrigerator, for 24 hours to marinate.
4 - 24 Hours Before Cooking
- Place cucumber slices in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine rice vinegar, sugar and salt, to taste. Mix well until sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator, until ready to serve for at least 4 hours up to 24 hours.
When Ready to Cook
- Remove ribs from marinade, allow excess to drip off (Discard marinade. Do not reuse.)
- Grill to medium-rare.
- Place ribs on a serving plate. Garnish ribs with marinated cucumbers.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Gordon Biersch 聚餐” is by astromango芒果 and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/legalcode. Thank you, 芒果. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!