Make our Golden Corral Collard Greens Recipe at home. Golden Corral’s easy-to-make recipe for this Traditional Southern Favorite will please everyone. Collard greens are a southern soul food and it goes great when teamed with smoked turkey wings or ham hocks.
Photo by Clotee Pridgen Allochuku
Golden Corral Collard Greens
A Golden Corral Copycat Recipe
Golden Corral Collard Greens Recipe
- 1/2 pound Smoked Turkey or Ham Meat Smoked neck bone, turkey wings or ham hocks
- 1 tablespoon Seasoned Salt
- 1 tablespoon Hot Pepper Sauce such as Frank's Red Hot
- 1 bunch fresh Collard Greens
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Add 3 quarts of water to a huge pot.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add smoked meat, seasoned salt and hot sauce.
- Reduce heat to a medium. Allow to simmer for about an hour.
- Wash collards carefully.
- With a sharp knife, remove the large stem that runs through the center of each leaf. Discard stems. At the center or heart of the collards, you will notice tender young leaves. You do not have to strip those.
- Stack 8 - 10 leaves on top of each other and roll them up. Slice perpendicular to the roll in 1/2 - 1-inch slices. (Basically you are saving time by cutting several leaves at a time. This is called "chiffonade.")
- Add collard strips and butter to the pot. Simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Taste. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove leaves and meat from the pot with tongs and place in a serving bowl. Add a bit of the cooking water to the bowl, just enough to keep the collards moist.
- Serve hot or warm.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Necks” is by Clotee Pridgen Allochuku and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Clotee. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes widely circulated on the internet courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!