Make our Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe at home tonight for your family. This is the classic, rich and delicious Southern Favorite Pie with a chocolate twist.
Photo by pepperberryfarm
Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie
A Golden Corral Copycat Recipe
Whipped Cream Topping
Traditionally, Chess Pies are served unadorned. But Golden Corral adds a whipped cream topping to theirs. The choice is yours to make. We prefer ours without the topping.
Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe
- One 9-inch Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 5 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 3 large Eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- Whipped Cream store bought or homemade, to top (see note above)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place pie shell in oven. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, until the bottom of shell is just starting to brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, salt and cocoa. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add milk. Mix well with a spoon or electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing between each.
- Add vanilla and butter. Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into the pie shell.
- Place pie in preheated oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled, refrigerate, covered, for 3 hours or until well-chilled.
- If topping with whipped cream, make sure that the pie has been completely cooled before topping.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Chocolate Chess Pie is by pepperberryfarm and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Pepper. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes widely circulated on the internet. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!