Make our Golden Corral Banana Pudding Recipe at home tonight for your family. Banana Pudding is a favorite on the Golden Corral Desert Buffet and, with our Secret Restaurant Recipe, will be a favorite in your home, too.
Photo by stu_spivack
Golden Corral Banana Pudding
A Golden Corral Copycat Recipe
Banana Pudding is a Southern American dessert generally consisting of layers of sweet vanilla flavored custard, Vanilla Wafers or ladyfingers and sliced fresh bananas topped with whipped cream or meringue. Although it is commonly associated with Southern cuisine, it can be found today in restaurants and kitchens around the country.
An early banana pudding recipe was published in The Kentucky Receipt Book, by Mary Harris Frazer, in 1903. However, this recipe does not include wafers.
A 2-day National Banana Pudding Festival is held at the Centerville River Park in Centerville, Tennessee each year on the first weekend of October.
NOTE – It is essential that you choose bananas that are just ripe for this recipe. Don’t choose the overripe ones with dark spots on the skin or the under ripe ones with green ends. Choose the bright yellow ones that are firm when held.
Golden Corral Banana Pudding Recipe
- 1/8 cup Condensed Milk
- 2 cups cold Milk
- One 3 1/2 ounce package Vanilla Pudding
- 2 cups Heavy Cream chilled, whipped to medium peaks
- 1 package Vanilla Wafers
- 3 Bananas sliced (See Note above this box)
- Pour condensed milk and cold milk into a large bowl. Whisk to mix.
- Add instant pudding. Continue to whisk to combine.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator for 5 minutes, or until mixture becomes firm.
- Evenly spread 1/3 of the whipped cream in the bottom of a glass casserole dish.
- Layer 1/3 of the wafers over the cream.
- Spread 1/3 vanilla pudding mixture over top.
- Layer 1/3 of the banana slices over pudding.
- Repeat layering accordingly until all ingredients are used.
- Place the pudding back in the refrigerator until the mixture is set.
- Crush 8 - 10 vanilla wafers. Evenly sprinkle over top.
- Garnish with a few sliced bananas and wafers.
- Serve cold
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “banana pudding” is by stu_spivack and is used by permission under the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/legalcode. Thank you, Stu. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!