Make this Straight-From-the-Restaurant Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse Peppercorn Steak Recipe at home. Peppercorn Steak is Fleming’s version of the Classic Steak au Poivre, which has been popular in French and American homes and restaurants for at least 50 years.
Photo by Larry Hoffman
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse Peppercorn Steak
A Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse Copycat Recipe
Restaurants love to share their recipes with their fans so they can cook and enjoy their favorite dishes at home – And we love to share them with you. Alton has spent hours tracking down these recipes. We are proud that we can help the restaurants share these recipes with our fans.
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse Peppercorn Steak from 2013 is a Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe.
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse Peppercorn Steak Recipe
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Black Peppercorns
- 2 1/2 teaspoons White Peppercorns
- Three 12-ounce NY Strip Steaks
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 5 ounces Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped Parsley
- Steak Sauce store bought or homemade, as needed, to plate
- Place both peppercorns in a sauté pan.
- Place pan over medium high heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pull from the heat. Pour peppercorns out onto a cutting board and crack peppercorns in half.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place cracked peppercorns on a plate. Press one side of a steak into the peppercorns to coat evenly. Repeat with other steaks.
- Pour olive oil in sauté. Heat again over medium high heat.
- Place steaks, peppercorn side down, into the pan and sear for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn steaks over and cook to medium rare or desired doneness.
- Plate with your favorite steak sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Steak Sauce Recipes
Steak Degrees of Doneness
- Rare: 95 – 105°F. Cool deep red center.
- Medium Rare: 115 – 125°F. Warm red center with a hint of pink.
- Medium: 130 – 140°F. Warm pink center.
- Medium Well: 150 – 160°F. Some pink in the center but mostly cooked through.
- Well: 165 – 175°F. No pink, cooked all the way through.
Courtesy of Longhorn Steakhouse
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Peppercorn Steak” is by Larry Hoffman and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode. Thank you, Larry. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe comes from Chef Partner Brandon Powell of Fleming’s Steakhouse and was presented by Executive Chef Partner Russell Skall on KCAL 2 TV Los Angeles on or before February 14, 2013. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!